Location information on library/institution webpages

Brian Kelly b.kelly at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 16:35:13 EDT 1996

> If online library information contains phone numbers, then it is also
> useful to provide time zone information as well as the area
> code.

It's very useful to provide location information in order to assist
network users to make use of netiquette (e.g. accesing resources
at off-peak periods).  For example, when accessing
http://www.w3.org/ am I going to the US or France?
If I'm going to Georgia State University, is that in the Former Soviet
Union country, or elsewhere?  Experienced Internet users know about
domain names and country codes, but many users won't.

Brian kelly
Brian Kelly
Netskills         - see http://www.netskills.ac.uk/
Computing Service
University of Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne        B.Kelly at newcastle.ac.uk
NE1 7RU                    0191 222 5002