CGI script for posting minutes to the web

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 9 11:14:20 EDT 1996

The UCB Library Web has used a similar feature since last summer, when it
was coded in perl by a library school intern. Anthony Birdsong from the
University of Washington created the program which we still use. The
address of the form is:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/Web/Forms/minimal.html

Please do not try to actually use it, as all off-campus addresses are
denied and an email notification is sent to the Web Manager. We call it
our "Minimal HTML Page Form" since it basically just wraps the body text
in the pre-formatted text tags. It also puts our standard top and bottom
button bars on it, includes the submitter's email address, the date and
time it was submitted, places it in a particular directory of our server
and mails a message to the Web Manager.

The Web Manager can then take a look at it before putting it where it
needs to go and making any appropriate links to it. I advise keeping this
evaluation step, as that is the only way to retain control over what goes
up.

I have made the perl available at:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/Web/Forms/newpage.pl

Thanks,