authentication

kay mary kaym at laurel.humboldt.edu
Wed Apr 3 09:28:52 EST 1996

At my library we are facing the problem of having to authenticate campus
users coming into our homepage from a variety of ISP services.  The
HSU campus does not yet provide an authentication service that the
library can use.  What techniques have others found to work in such a
situation?  We'd prefer not to get into password or database
administration if it can be avoided.  If there has there been a fairly
recent list discussion of this topic, I'd appreciate that advice since I
have subscribed to this list for a month or so.

Mary Kay
Humboldt State University Library
kaym at laurel.humboldt.edu