"Good" Information on the Internet

Nils Pharo nils.pharo at rbt.no
Tue Apr 2 10:02:35 EST 1996

At 23:39 01.04.96 -0800, OSHARGORODSKA wrote:

>     I am very interested in evaluation of search engines and results of
>     their searches.  I find modern search techniques and result
>     presentation inadequate.
>
>     Olga Shargorodska
>     shargorodska at lrp.glas.apc.org
>     Librarian
>     Harvard Institute for International Development

The Norwegian National Office for Research Libraries has decided to make a
working group with the purpose of uncovering different WWW-metaindexes and
search engines and to make criterias for evaluating these. We then aim to
evaluate the different tools and give our opinion on how different tools
work for different subjects. The working groups members will be librarians
and representatives from governmental and commercial
Internet-providers/metaindexes-producers.

I will let this list know what we eventually find out.

Nils
Nils.Pharo at rbt.no
RBT - National Office for Research Documentation, Academic and Professional
Libraries, Norway
telephone +47 22 43 08 80
telefax   +47 22 56 09 81