Librarians as University Webmasters

Mark Leggott mleggott at sandnc.stfx.ca
Thu Oct 19 09:13:14 EDT 1995

I setup St.F.X.'s Website 2 years ago, and continue to work with someone
from our Computing Centre to administer the site. The Web documents are
served from machines in the Library and the Computing Centre. The
relationship is a good one, and helps to provide a balanced approach to
design/maintenance of the site.

I was not hired specifically to do that, but was hired to setup an
"electronic library" service, and WWW seemed the way to go then - even
more so now.

Mark Leggott, Cybrarian / NeXT Administrator / Systems Librarian
Angus L. MacDonald Library, St. Francis Xavier University
P.O. Box 5000, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, B2G 2W5  Canada

902-867-2334, FAX 902-867-5153      MIME mleggott at juliet.stfx.ca

http://libwww.stfx.ca/mleggott.html NeXT mleggott at sandnc.stfx.ca

Begin forwarded message:

> I'm interested in finding out if other universities employ librarians
>as their primary webmasters. We have such a situation here at the
>University of Virginia.

... rest of message deleted