WWW search tools and cataloging

Nick Arnett narnett at Verity.COM
Sat Oct 14 17:40:19 EDT 1995

At 12:27 PM 10/12/95, Norman Friesen wrote:
>I am currently undertaking a research project on WWW search engines

Norm,

Please take a look at Verity's server:

http://www.verity.com/

and perhaps my Web Publisher's Virtual Library, which is, as usual,
changing rapidly (some unique capabilities coming in the next few weeks):

http://asearch.mccmedia.com/www.html

If you're interested in search services (unfortunately, the distinction
between search engines -- software -- and search services -- information --
has grown fuzzy), you can see links to some of the users of Verity's engine
at this page:

http://www.verity.com/customers.html

Verity's engine has been chosen by Netscape, AT&T, Quarterdeck and many
others building Web servers and clients.

I'm on leave from the company, but I can put you in touch with the
appropriate people for follow-up.

Nick Arnett
Internet Marketing Manager
Verity Inc.