WWW search tools and cataloging

Andrzej Kowalski andrzej at dingo.com
Sat Oct 14 15:37:24 EDT 1995

At 12:26 10/12/95 -0700, you wrote:

>I am currently undertaking a research project on WWW search engines and
>subject listings (Yahoo, WWW Virtual Library).  I am interested in
>comparing their features, and examining their development and operation
>(eg. use of robots, user submissions, fuzzy logic searching).
>
>I have noted the material already mentioned in the "WWW cataloging" and
>"search engine" threads, but am looking for further resources (both
>print and online).  Any recommendations and/or references would be
>greatly appreciated.
>

>Norm Friesen
>MLIS Student
>University of Alberta
>(nfriesen at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
>(nfriesen at slis.ualberta.ca)
>(http://www.ualberta.ca/~nfriesen/dios.htm)

Please have a look at our Web site www.dingo.com for information re our
Texpress object-oriented database system.  You will find information there
about the search engine itself and how it is being used by Web clients in
the US, Canada, Asia and Australia.

Andrzej Kowalski
Andrzej Kowalski                                     Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dingo Software Systems Inc.                          Tel: (604) 877-1960
andrzej at dingo.com                                    Fax: (604) 877-1961
http://www.dingo.com

Fast and flexible data retrieval from data collections of all sizes
in-house and on the WWW with the KE Texpress Information Management System.