Networking CD ROM via Novell

Ed "Bucky" Gruberman bucky at lib.nmsu.edu
Fri Oct 6 18:59:23 EDT 1995

Hello,

The SCSI Express will create a server that will have devices available to
the entire net. What we do is create a password free cd-rom account and
attach to the server anytime we need the device. This is much easier than
it sounds and works great in the long run.

We use batch files to access the servers we need. We also have five
cd-rom servers with 98 cd-rom devices. A well writen batch file and a
cool head can make a net like this work like a breeze. Not one of our
users realizes that they will at any given moment be attached to five
servers.

It's cool!

Christopher A. Landt
NMSU Library Systems