Networking CD ROM via Novell

John McKay j.mckay at rave.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 05:16:56 EDT 1995

> Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ellen Carrico <ecarrico at spl.lib.wa.us>
> To: Web4Lib <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>, dynix <dynix_l at sbu.edu>
> Subject: Networking CD ROM via Novell
>
> We are currently trying to decide which version of Novell to use.  I am
> particularly interested in knowing if anyone is using version 4.1 to
> network CD ROM servers, and if you are currently using 4.1 did you do
> this in a 3.X environment in the past?  Which do you prefer?

As an alternative to networking the CD-ROMs themselves, we
are looking at the pros and cons of compressing them to a network
hard disc, using compression/access software. Has anyone used the
recently-released Stac compression/access software? Any comments?

--
John McKay
Ravensbourne College of Design & Communication