Unsubscribing

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:31:06 EDT 1995

There are a couple ways to obtain the appropriate Web4Lib commands:

1) go to http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/

2) send the message "help" to listserv at library.berkeley.edu

I would also like to take this opportunity to explain a slight glitch in
the switchover that is affecting some of you. ListProc apparently deals
with some email addresses differently than TULP, our former listserver
program. Therefore, when we moved the subscriber list over from TULP it
brought with it address constructions that ListProc does not like.
Web4Lib messages go out fine to these addresses, but problems arise when
the individual subscriber tries to use a ListProc command. If ListProc
does not recognize your address, and therefore notes that you are
subscriber to the list, then you will not be able to perform the command.
You will receive a message that you are a not a subscriber to the list,
when in fact you are receiving the mail.

To rectify this, send email to me at rtennant at library.berkeley.edu and
request to be removed from the list. I will remove you, and you will be
notified when it has been accomplished. You may then resubscribe, which
will allow ListProc to formulate the address to its liking. I am very
sorry for this problem, but from what I have seen so far it should effect
only a small number of you. Thank you for your continued patience and
understanding,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib owner