Cataloging the Internet

atroncale at nypl.org atroncale at nypl.org
Tue Oct 17 10:31:06 EDT 1995

     How to catalog the internet in five easy steps:

Apply a uniform structure to file names and their content in servers.

Catalog and index all backbone servers who distribute content. The majors first
the minors second.

SGML all metadata within.

Script an HTML/SGML browser and provide it for free.

Go home and have a beer knowing you did a good days work.