recent discussion of WWW cataloging?

Dan Lester ALILESTE at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Wed Oct 11 01:05:38 EDT 1995

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:58:05 -0700 <Orbis5 at aol.com> said:
>I can't vouch for Yahoo BUT I do remember seeing a job listing in the last
>couple of months by them in which they were looking to hire MLS librarians -
>maybe they haven't yet implemented this or perhaps they are still setting up
>some standards ...?

   The only ad I've seen, on Yahoo itself of course, was for "catalogers"
but made no mention of degrees.  I don't know what, if any, degrees or
backgrounds the hired people have.  Since some of them read this list,
maybe they'll report on it.  Personally, I don't give a hoot whether
they have an MLS.

cyclops (MLS, NIU, 1968)

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979