recent discussion of WWW cataloging?

Margaret F Riley mfriley at WPI.EDU
Tue Oct 10 20:37:30 EDT 1995

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 Orbis5 at aol.com wrote:

> I can't vouch for Yahoo BUT I do remember seeing a job listing in the last
> couple of months by them in which they were looking to hire MLS librarians -
> maybe they haven't yet implemented this or perhaps they are still setting up
> some standards ...?

Yahoo was hiring "catalogers," but no where in the job qualifications
did they state that these "catalogers" had to have MLS degrees.  They
were looking for people with internet skills mostly.

   Margaret F. Riley
   Coordinator of Networked Resources                  mfriley at wpi.edu
   WPI Gordon Library                                 Ph: 508/831-5963
   100 Institute Road                                Fax: 508/831-5829
   Worcester, MA  01609                    http://www.wpi.edu/~mfriley