PLA "Make Connections" preconference

Ernest Perez, Oregon State Library perez at OPAC.OSL.STATE.OR.US
Tue Nov 28 18:19:36 EST 1995

Tuesday, March 26, 1996, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
PLA Preconference Program
OLA/PLA members, $120
ALA members, $130
Non-members, $140

1996 PLA National Conference
SAVE, register before January 5, 1996
1-800-545-2433, ext 5PLA

                       *** MAKE CONNECTIONS: ***
                    The Role of the Public Library
                        in Community Networking

Join Apple Computer's Steve Cisler on an exploration of the public
library's role in the community networks that are springing up
throughout the country.  We can play a leading role in establishing and
adding value to these networks **or** we can miss a unique service
opportunity by being uninvolved bystanders.

By participating in this workshop you will:

  * Hear from national experts on community networking

  * Learn from public librarians who are on the cutting edge of these
  developments

  * Take part in break-out sessions for both novices and experienced
  networkers

In addition, hands-on demonstrations will allow you to experience what
other public librarians are already doing to stake out a future that is
WIRED, not TIRED!

TARGET AUDIENCE: Public librarians and trustees

PRESENTER:  Steve Cisler, Senior Scientist, Apple Computer, Inc.

SPONSORED BY:  Oregon Library Association, Oregon State Library, and
Apple Computer, Inc.