Electronic journals via www (problem)

Annette Holtkamp holtkamp at x4u2.desy.de
Thu Nov 23 03:25:12 EST 1995

Hello,

in order to give the users of our library acess to some electronic journal
via www, it is necessary to fill out a form with userid and password
(Btw. The form method is POST). On the other hand this information should not
be public for obvious reasons.
I therefor ask, whether anybody has some idea, how to send a "fake" form post
action to the remote server? Feeding the result in the users www client would
then allow acess to this journal.  Does anybody have a cgi script or something
similar for this problem, or any other idea, how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

   Martin Koehler (mkoehler at x4u.desy.de)
     DESY  Library
        Hamburg