How much time does it take?

Martin Cohen mjc at simon.stmarys-ca.edu
Wed Nov 22 18:38:30 EST 1995

I spend 5-10 hours per week on minimal maintenance, making sure it's
working, checking for dead links, responding to queries from users, adding
the occasional link to pages already constructed. But that's for a fairly
simple Web site - essentially no images, very few local documents. To
update documents or create new pages, i.e. to do the things that make a
Web site alive rather than kept in suspended animation, more time (which
I would love to have but don't) would be required. However, some things
can be delegated - to other librarians and to student workers.

Martin J. Cohen                                 mcohen at stmarys-ca.edu
Head of Systems and Media                       voice: (510) 631-4229
Saint Mary's College of California              fax:   (510) 376-6097
Moraga, CA 94575                                ars longa vita brevis