need help on retrospective conversion and OPAC choices

Tom Funkhouser tfunkhsr at pop.holli.com
Wed Nov 22 14:15:43 EST 1995

>I'm sure this question has popped up a hundred times, but I'm going to have to
>throw it out anyway.  We're a small (20,000 volume) library with a
collection of
>older (late 19th-early 20th c.) books, maps and lithographs wanting to convert
>our card catalog into MARC records and choose an OPAC which is user-friendly
>(preferably windows based and easily put on as a web-site).

>I'd like
>to know of a more cost-effective bibliographic database company which might
>better suit our budget (which we're not even sure what it is yet!).  I had
heard
>about Bibliophile(?) but couldn't find a telephone number.

>Lost in Cybraria
>John

  We use Bibliofile for all our MARC records. It has work very well for us.
Before Bibliofile, we used OCLC. They have a much larger database, but the
cost was very high. The Library Corporation produces the Bibliofile software
and CD-ROM databases. I have included some contact info below.

The Library Corporation
Research Park
Inwood, WV 25428-9733
1-800-325-7759