How much time does it take?

KL Oberst koberst at paul.spu.edu
Wed Nov 22 10:40:27 EST 1995

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Ilene Frank (REF) wrote:

> Our sysadmin has left us for a new position.  She had put up the original
> web pages here at the Library. They haven't been touched in the
> intervening months. I want to convince our upper administrators that a
> website needs constant nurturing in order to thrive.  Can you all give me
> some rough figures of how many webpersonhours are spent per week keeping
> up your sites?

I have a student checking links on a regular basis.  Between her and I, I
would estimate we spend a day, i.e. 8 hrs., a week on housekeeping.  BTW,
that doesn't begin to touch the hours needed if you actually want to add
information or upgrade the site.

  |Karen L. Oberst                                 (206) 281-2735        |
  |Technical Services/Systems Librarian            koberst at paul.spu.edu  |
  |Seattle Pacific University              http://paul.spu.edu/~koberst/ |
  |It's better to be boldly decisive and risk being wrong than to agonize|
  |    at length and be right too late.--Marilyn Moats Kennedy           |