Only a few minutes ..

sbacks at unity.ncsu.edu sbacks at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Nov 21 08:40:42 EST 1995

Jaap,
If you are able to actually use the web during your presentation I would
suggest pointing one particularly good library web. That would provide an
example of the web's funtionality and the opportunities that are
available throught that technology.

My personal opinion is that the web allows us to bring faculty and
students a greater variety of information. Where we used to only have a
catalog online, we now have an expanding array of access points to the
community. Via our site, there is a growing list of resources,
interactive services, online class information, etc. All of these would
not be possible without the web, which means it is creating a new
communication network between us and our clients.

There are a variety of really good sites here in the states like Stanford
University's Virtual Library project or Cornell University's Mann Library.
I don't have the exact URLs for these, but they are easy to find if you
go to each university's homepage.

http://www.cornell.edu
http://www.stanford.edu

Sorry, but I wish I could also suggest some good sites to you from Europe.

--Steve.

Steven Backs
Research and Information Services Department
North Carolina State Univ. Libraries
Box 7111 NCSU
Raleigh, NC 27695-7111
Email: sbacks at unity.ncsu.edu