Position in computer and network support at University of Oregon Library

Paul Neff, Internet Librarian PAUL at KCPL.LIB.MO.US
Mon Nov 20 19:43:06 EST 1995

> I'm not sure what the Netiquette is here either, but IMHO, I'm kind of
> tired of seeing EXTENSIVE EXPERIECE required for very low salaries...not
> only with Internet experience, but in my own field of Library Science...
> my question is, why do people think they can get someone with years of
> experience, multiple graduate level degrees (in some cases), multi-lingual,
> including computer languages, and high level technical expertise to wear
> multiple hats in an organization that is growing....for entry level monies.

The U. of Oregon may be wondering the same thing, since they apparently had to
reopen their search.  There's probably some inflation at work, too, as in
the ads for people with "3-5 years experience with Netscape" I see in the
Sunday paper each week.

Paul Neff
Internet Librarian, Kansas City Public Library
paul at kcpl.lib.mo.us