CD-ROM booking system

C Eric Tull tull at acs.ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 13 23:29:41 EST 1995

At The University of Calgary Library, we currently have a booking
system for CD-ROM workstations that allows students to
book a station for a 1/2 or 1 hour block.  This system resides on
the IBM mainframe.

We are moving to a new library system and will no longer have
access to this locally written system.  Has anyone developed
something similar using a UNIX system?  Ideally we would have a
Web front end, using a Perl or C++ script.

Our system also does some validation of users, but the primary
question here is the booking.

If anyone has a similar system that could help us, please contact
Mary Westell, Coordinator, Information Technology Services by
e-mail: westell at acs.ucalgary.ca

Many thanks.