Netscape 2.0 and Windows 95

Michael Sauers ms0669 at mail.albany.net
Sat Nov 11 07:40:03 EST 1995

> I recently downloaded the new 32-bit version of Netscape 2.0 to use on my
> new Windows 95 OS, but every time I try to click on a link, Netscape tells
> me that it is unable to create a socket.  When I use the 16-bit version of
> the same program I have no problem.  Do you need to do something special to
> make 32-bit Netscape work with the Windows 95 TCP/IP stack?  Like maybe sign
> up for MSN?  I was afraid to do this because of the scare stories I've heard
> that those who sign up for MSN can no longer use their previous ISP without
> elaborate workarounds.  Has anyone else tried the new Netscape on Win95?

Been using it just fine with my own IAP...  Are you using the
built in TCP/IP with Win95 or are you using another stack?  You
MUST use the Win95 TCP/IP inorder for the 32-bit Netscape to
work.

Michael Sauers		  			    Phone: (702) 247-6244
PC/Internet Consultant			        E-Mail: ms0669 at albany.net
CR Associates Internet Consulting			    IRC: CyberRat
Las Vegas, Nevada		  WWW: http://www.albany.net/~ms0669/cra/