Netscape 2.0 and Windows 95

Boyd R. Collins bcollins at epix.net
Sat Nov 11 13:20:00 EST 1995

I recently downloaded the new 32-bit version of Netscape 2.0 to use on my
new Windows 95 OS, but every time I try to click on a link, Netscape tells
me that it is unable to create a socket.  When I use the 16-bit version of
the same program I have no problem.  Do you need to do something special to
make 32-bit Netscape work with the Windows 95 TCP/IP stack?  Like maybe sign
up for MSN?  I was afraid to do this because of the scare stories I've heard
that those who sign up for MSN can no longer use their previous ISP without
elaborate workarounds.  Has anyone else tried the new Netscape on Win95?

Boyd R. Collins, Automation Manager, The Libraries
Mansfield University
Mansfield PA 16933
(717) 662-4668
(717) 662-4993 FAX