query: Windows NT webserver vs. UNIX webserver

Walter Lewis walter.lewis at sheridanc.on.ca
Thu Nov 9 09:58:19 EST 1995

Been there, done both, use the NT.  There are a range of 1 free and a
number of inexpensive servers--a modest array of add-ons with many more
in the pipe.  Free in the unix world = good support staff.

We run NT on an "old" 486/33 with 16 Mb of ram and a SCSI harddrive.
Performance is adequate.  My understanding is that it scales up to the
Microsoft WWW site with the appropriate hardware.

Walter Lewis		  		     walter.lewis at sheridanc.on.ca
Deputy Chief Librarian/Systems
Halton Hills Public Library, Georgetown, ON Canada L7G 2A3 (905) 873-2681
http://www.hhpl.on.ca/hhplref.htm