Subject lines specific to a discussion thread

Ellen Sleeter esleeter at pluto.njcc.com
Sun Nov 5 09:36:34 EST 1995

Eric's post is very thoughtful, and will surely engender additional responses to
these new questions.

However, so we can manage our email better ... and so I don't delete huge gobs
of messages in a manner similar to the "role of librarians" messages

Please make sure that you've got an appropriate subject line.  You'll be better
able to make your point if folks aren't deleting messages wholesale.

Ellen Sleeter

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, "Eric Lease Morgan" <eric_morgan at ncsu.edu> wrote:

>So what's the solution? I don't know. I only have more questions. What are the
>values of librarianship? Are these values in sync with modern society? Were
>libraries ever institutions who provided free and equal access to information?
>As a librarian, to what degree am I responsible to society? Does modern
>society endorse whatever answers I derive from these questions? As an
>individual, should I care?

| ELLEN L. SLEETER                 Consultant to Publishers |
| 63 South Franklin Street                                  |
| Lambertville, NJ  08530                                   |
| Voice/Fax:   (609) 397-9120 (call first for fax, please!) |
| Internet:    esleeter at pluto.njcc.com                      |
| HomePage:    http://pluto.njcc.com/~esleeter/             |