Why disable access to software features?

Lesley Williams lwilliam at nslsilus.org
Fri Nov 3 12:26:10 EST 1995

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Ann King wrote:

> About removing access to the menu...   For blind users, a menu system can
> be difficult to use, since the 'reader' may not be able to deal with it.
> Get acquainted with disability issues with regard to operating systems,
> screen displays, GUIs, etc.  annking at nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu

Are you using Netscape with visually impaired patrons? How? Do you have
voice-output software, a magnified screen, etc.? I admit I haven't
thought about the possibilities of making the Web available to the
visually impaired, but I'd be very interested in ideas.

Lesley Williams
Arlington Heights Memorial Library