Why disable access to software features?

Michael Moyers moyers at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 3 11:14:07 EST 1995

On Nov 3,  7:01am, Richard Bondi wrote:
> Subject: Re: Why disable access to software features?
> Dear Everyone,
> In Windows, I just recopy the the bookmark.htm and the netscape.ini every
> time the computer reboots. I do it from a Novell server, but you could do it
> from within autoexec.bat.
>
> -------------
> Richard Bondi
> Network and Website Administrator (http://www.darden.virginia.edu)
> Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, Darden Library
> University of Virginia
> Massie Road Extended
> Box 6500
> Charlottesville, VA 22906
> Fax: 804-924-3533
>
>-- End of excerpt from Richard Bondi

What we do is have the System.ini point to Netscape.ini which is located on one
of the Novell server volumes.  Then Netscape.ini points to the bookmark.htm
file which is also on the Novell server.  And users only have read access to
these files.  We also write protect system.ini so it can't be changed.
--

Michael Moyers       |    Voice:(908)445-5896          FAX:(908)445-5888
Systems Programmer   |   e-mail: Moyers at RCI.Rutgers.Edu