Using database software to create HTML documents

Eric Rumsey rumsey at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:57:09 EST 1995

>On Thu, 2 Nov 1995, thom at indiana.edu wrote:

>           What you really want to do is realize that you are not really
>interested in managing the _page_ so much as the the data element within
>the web page such as the the url and the associated description,

>Every time you create a single html page you are creating a potential
>nightmare for the future.

Voila! ... my sentiments exactly - It's so easy to create web pages, but
maintaining them is another thing - especially it gets messy trying to
maintain lists *with annotations* - it's hard enough to keep up a list
without any annotations, just making sure links are valid, but then if you
have an annotation, you not only have to check the link, but you also have
to check to make sure your annotation is still accurate!

Eric Rumsey, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
<eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>