Using database software to create HTML documents

Mark McFarland mac at pcl-a100.lib.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 2 18:30:13 EST 1995

Marissa,

We have used several database files as content for web pages and are
actively developing a solution that would have us using a database
to store data and other pieces of code (cgi) to apply the tags.

If you are interested in seeing this let me know.  One of the files
was a list of biographical records for all the chemistry faculty
at UT Austin.  And, I agree with you ... it is much more useful to
automate your html generation whenever possible.  Manually created
pages must be maintained.

Mark McFarland
mac at eipo.lib.utexas.edu
UT Austin General Libraries