Comparison Study for Search Engines

Prentiss Riddle riddle at is.rice.edu
Wed Dec 20 10:24:38 EST 1995

| Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 18:42:31 -0800
| From: elisabeth roche <ace at Opus1.COM>
| Subject: Re: Comparison Study for Search Engines
|
| I found a great URL this evening, while doing a search for Robert Boyle.
|
| This URL contains links to many search tools, services and engines.
| There are short descriptions of the salient features and differences
| of each listing as well. I am going to spend a lot of time trying
| these all.
|
| http://www.umn.edu/nlhome/m557/rhees001/blm/tools.htm

For another approach, see:

  http://riceinfo.rice.edu/Internet/

It's not a comparitive study, but it does try to classify seventy or so
Internet search tools by their functionality according to the kind of
search a user would want to do.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle at rice.edu
-- RiceInfo Administrator, Rice University / http://is.rice.edu/~riddle
-- Home office: 2002-A Guadalupe St. #285, Austin, TX 78705 / 512-323-0708