Public Web Project

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 19 22:38:43 EST 1995

I have a general report on the design of the Monroe County Public Library
Web Project at:

http://www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/pwp/pwp.html

The report is what I call very raw research which outlines in detail
exactly how we did the design process from assembling the team to doing
user-centered scenario-based web design, paper prototype design and
evaluation. This is not a _cleaned_ up report. There were obvious
problems in the process which we have left in because they may prove
useful to others.

Toward the end of this document the Public Web Project is described which
is what the Monroe County Project has turned into. There are two versions
of the web site which are available for downloading. There are stuffed
versions for Macs and tar-d versions for UNIX. They can be reached either
thru this document or by going directly to either of the two sites to the
copyright page and downloading directly.

http://www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/asciiPWP/home.html

or

http://www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/lynxPWP/home.html

The ascii version uses the font tag which screws up the Lynx viewer so we
created special directories for ascii with font and plain lynx.

There are more image map pages available but the entire visual version
won't be done until late spring.

We are actively looking for non-profit libraries to download the site and
see if it is useful and customizable for their needs. We are hoping to
assemble a team which can also support special design needs of public
libraries when we can generalize the design enough to meet multiple needs.
No idea how this works in the long run but we are open for requests --
after Christmas please. 8-)

Major step in the spring is to bury in z39.50 client capabilities into this
site.

This is a rough draft which will change over time.

--Thom