Synonyms needed from Library Scientist

Blunk, Douglas S dblunk at smtp.orl.usace.army.mil
Thu Dec 14 08:53:47 EST 1995

     Bob:

     My coffee break buddy doesn't have web4lib access so I'm forwarding
     his reply.

     Doug Blunk
     dblunk at www.orl.usace.army.mil

Subject: Re: Synonyms needed from Library Scientist
Author:  William S Easley at CEORL-CCMAIL
Date:    12/14/95 7:23 AM

     Dear Bob,
     Your request was forwarded to me by our Technical Librarian and my
     coffee break buddy here at the Louisville (KY) District of the Army
     Corps of Engineers, right after I returned from an excellent
     presentation on metadata cosponsored by the USGS and the KY Office of
     GIS.  The main speaker was Marcia McNiff from the Nat. Water Resources
     Council and a member of the Fed Geographic Data Committee.  If you're
     not familiar with the agency and its standards, check out the
     following addresses on the WWW:

     http://fgdc.er.usgs.gov/fgdc.html  (An overview of the agency and its
                                         goals)

     http://www.its.nbs.gov/nbs/meta/meta.html
                                        (A graphic (or hypertext)
                                    representation of FGDC standards)

     I believe you'll find that you are far from alone in your data cataloging
     quest.

                                        Bill Easley, PE
                                        CEORL-ED-H, Water Quality