Library Application of Macromedia's Shockwave?

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Wed Dec 13 18:45:59 EST 1995

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Gerry McKiernan wrote:

>        Macromedia's Shockwave Applications in Libraries
>
>   Are any WEBers aware of institutions, organizations or libraries
> that have used/plan to use Macromedia's Shockwave w/Netscape
> to provide enhanced instructional dimensions to their Web
> gateways?

I use it in classes I teach for Librarians and will probably move it into
the Monroe County Public Library Project. All it means is you create
_movies_ and interaction in Director for whatever purpose and use them.
If you aren't working with artists, graphic designers, visually creative
people, or are willing to spend the time becoming visually creative, you
will create very weird unusable stuff. Librarians, Programmers, knowledge
organizers either need significant design skills or must be willing to
_give_ over the high level design to multimedia directors just like in
movies.

--Thom