Java browser for Windows 3.1x

Bill King billking at mh1.lbl.gov
Thu Dec 7 16:59:46 EST 1995

Having attended Sun's 3-day Java class, I can tell you that Sun's
position on this is they won't write a virtual machine or
browser for Win 3.1 because it lacks "robust multithreading"
and it's not 32 bit. They claim others have tried but haven't
gotten anywhere with it.

They just don't feel that Win 3.1 is capable of handling what
Java needs.

In message <951207130440.876 at STOCKTON.LIB.CA.US>you write

Bill King                                  billking at mh1.lbl.gov
Energy & Environment/Building Technologies Program
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road                                 (510) 486-4686
Berkeley, CA 94720                                 MS - 90/3111