Java browser for Windows 3.1x

One good thing about music, when it hits you feel alright. WALKEB05 at STOCKTON.LIB.CA.US
Thu Dec 7 16:04:40 EST 1995

	Hi.  With all the flurry of articles on Java recently, it seems
like this "next big thing" is currently available in Windows environments
for Windows 95 or Windows NT.  Is that correct?  I have tried finding
information on the possibility of the Sun people porting one to the
Windows 3.1x user base, but the company is reportedly not planning
to work on this.

	Do any of the very knowledgeable people on this list know if
anyone is close to having a product out that will work on a regular
old Windows 3.1x platform.  If so, please point me in the right
direction.  Would the Win32s extenders that enable MPEGPLAY to work
be sufficient to try the Java browser.  Or is there something in
Windows 95 or NT that goes beyond Win32s?

	I am not really a "techie."  But I would hope someone is going
to produce a Java system that can work for those of us who don't
want to move to Windows 95 yet.   Thank you for your assistance.

--Bill Walker
  Reference Dept.
  Stockton Public Library.