On Topic: Web based bibliographic instruction?

Elmer Masters ermaster at mailbox.syr.edu
Tue Dec 5 16:18:45 EST 1995

This raises an interesting point.  Most of the information available in
libraries today will never be delivered via the WWW or the Internet.  The
challenge for libraries and other information providers/gateways is to
develop information that can be delivered via the WWW.  In all likelihood
this information will include directions on how to find the 'old'
information lacated in another media.
We are interested in developing new information products that are
designed for use on the WWW.  This is a challenge becausse putting
information on the web and making it worthwhile is difficult.  Some of
the products we are developing or have developed include adaptations of
print products produced by the product and some are new products that
were not feasible without the web.
For training, the Law Library has instituted a multi-leveled program
aimed at faculty and students to show them: how the web works, how to
navigate on the web, how to find information on the web, how to use
information from the web.  This is a daunting task at times, but it is
beginning to pay off as more and more of our patrons begin to use the
web.

Elmer R. Masters
Information Technology Coordinator
Barclay Law Library