With a little help from friends:

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 5 11:15:12 EST 1995

We have a site we have been developing with artists, programmers,
librarians, and instructional designers. It is scenario-based design,
paper prototyped, and user-tested, almost _exactly_ based upon 'Tog on
Interface' I have a single screen which does nothing at:

http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~thom/c.html

And if you have a moment please log in and tell me what looks like to you,
what type of machine you are looking at it on, what type of viewer you
are using, what speed you are connecting at. Had one person last night
tell me that the image looked funny which was the first time anyone gave
us that feedback. We've checked this on PCs and know that it does not
look good at 256 colors, looks fine on Macs, SGI, and SUNs, and looks
fine under win95. If you can give me an actual seconds to open would also
be nice.

This is part three of a website we'll demo tomorrow night. We will have a
complete ascii version, ascii + icon, and this image map version which
will eventually be 78+ image maps which is part of an MFA Thesis show in
Graphic Design. This design project has an exquisite artist, actually two
of them, from day one. The ascii version and ascii + icon version will be
our concession to reality, 14.4 connections, and lynx, but the image map
is the hunt for the future and we don't give a damn that you machine
can't use this _yet_ ... we are assuming the speeds go up and the
bandwidth widens and public information service will be the hottest thing
around and probably coming thru public libraries.

After we demo I'll put up the ascii and ascii + icon url, probably some
time this week end. We'll make it possible for anyone to not just _look_
at our site but to actually _download_ and adapt the entire site in
whatever form you like. We'll attempt to develop the design over time and
provide support for people to customize the site for their use. It will
be covered by a GNU copy free notice which means it's free to use and
develop but can not be _sold_ in any fashion.

Please send image feedback via email so as not to clutter the list.

Thanks, Thom