librarian, library schools, lack of math skills

Robert Wagers rwagers at wahoo.sjsu.edu
Mon Dec 4 19:58:01 EST 1995

     I admit; I'm from a "library school" (lots of potential there for
human interaction studies), so you can regard this reply as biased if you
want.  Does everyone think that such studies of man-machine interaction
should be "flowing out of schools of library science."  I grant that it
would be nice, but it's all you folks in the libraries and other
information use settings who have the opportunity to study such
interactions firsthand.  Oh well, maybe we've attracted too many
humanities types to the libraries!

R. Wagers