Techies and computers "scientists"

E. Holtsmark holtsm at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Mon Dec 4 01:29:13 EST 1995

I agree with Jon.  It's important to know these things and the people who
don't probably want to know and want to be called the techie themselves.

Although I'm not that much of a techie, I feel a rush of gratitude and
admiration from those who don't know techie stuff when I help them, and a
slight bristle of hostility from those who do and whose turf I'm invading
by knowing the stuff they do.

Is that information politics?

Eva Holtsmark
School of Library & Information Science, graduate student
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA  52242
eva-holtsmark at uiowa.edu