Changing error messages

Miriam Bobkoff mbobkoff at Rt66.com
Sun Dec 3 19:29:21 EST 1995

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, Karen G. Schneider wrote:

> 404 not found, she asked herself.  Server not responding.  At what level
> are these messages "wired in?"

I think they must under the server's control: our former service provider,
a generous (it was a free account) eccentric with a head full of wires and
a spare bedroom full of computers connected to the Net, had apparently
changed the message to read "Sorry, you're just not elite enough or
something..."

Anyway I always assumed that was his own prose...

Miriam Bobkoff
Santa Fe Public Library
    The Library's Home Page   http://www.rt66.com/~mbobkoff/sfpl/
    Miriam's Page  http://www.rt66.com/~mbobkoff/