Academe Today

Margaret F Riley mfriley at WPI.EDU
Fri Dec 1 16:25:17 EST 1995

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Ronnie Morgan wrote:

> I recieved a message back from the Chronicle folks.  They don't want us using
> the Academe Today web page in that way.  They suggested letting a reference
> librarian access the web page when a patron needed access to it.  I don't
> agree with this, and told them so, but, I haven't heard anymore from them.

I wonder why they just don't use IP addressing to permit access to
site subscribers?  I can already tell you how much the reference librarians
are going to love *that* attitude.

   Margaret F. Riley
   Coordinator of Networked Resources                  mfriley at wpi.edu
   WPI Gordon Library                                 Ph: 508/831-5963
   100 Institute Road                                Fax: 508/831-5829
   Worcester, MA  01609                    http://www.wpi.edu/~mfriley