PostScript and LaTex/Tex files

Bill Pardue pardue at charlie.acc.iit.edu
Mon Dec 18 10:37:34 EST 1995

So, after a number of replies, I think it's looking bleak on the
postscript/LaTex front at the moment, at least as far as having
helper apps that work well without the need to do file conversion
offline.  Perhaps Tony Barry is right about the usefulness of Java
applets, but that's yet to be seen.  Is it best to sit things out and
wait for a solution--or should we be dropping hints to Adobe and the
purveyors of all those LaTex/Tex-based e-journals that we'd really
like to see some helper apps so library patrons can actually read and
print their articles?

--Bill Pardue

    Bill Pardue--Electronic Resources Librarian
    Galvin Library, Illinois Institute of Tech.
                Chicago, IL  60616
312-567-3615/312-567-5318 (fax) pardue at charlie.acc.iit.edu