A Library WWW Browser -Reply

Anne Prestamo annepres at csd.uwm.edu
Mon Dec 18 15:48:23 EST 1995

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, AGJOSEPH wrote:

> Many library vendors have already developed the Web-interfaced OPACs,
> such as Innopac, DRA, SIRSI WebCat, VTLS, PALS, etc.
>
> 	Along this line, I was wondering if any library has thought
> 	about windows interfaced OPACs.  I heard that some libraries
> 	have tried this and works much like the web based OPACS, with
> 	cost a lot cheaper than the commercial web based system.
> 	I would like to hear comments from people from those libraries too.
> 	--Angelina

Angelina -

For an example of a Windows interface to a catolag, check out WISLiR, in
use at UW-Milwaukee and UW-Madison.  In order to access it remotely, you
need to download software.  Info about the interface and the link to
download is available at  http://www.library.wisc.edu

Or maybe you want to run over to GML at UWM to check it out in person.

Anne Prestamo
++Associate Lecturer/School of Library and Information Science
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
++Reference/Instruction Librarian
Univeristy of Wisconsin-Parkside
e-mail:  annepres at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu