help with printing from netscape? -Reply

Vianne Sha Sha at law.missouri.edu
Tue Dec 12 17:07:41 EST 1995

It sounds like the memory of your network printer is not enough.  It
usually takes more than 2MB RAM to print a full document from
Internet if you send it through a remote PC.  If you print it from
the PC attached to the network printer, it will take up less memory.
This was the case I have encountered a month ago.  Good luck.

Vianne Sha
sha at law.missouri.edu
University of Missouri-Columbia
School of Law Library

>>> judy brugger <jmb10 at cornell.edu>  12/12/95, 02:25pm >>>
We're running wfwg 3.11 here to connect pc's (IBM 350's, pentiums) to
HP
Laser jet 4p/4mp's, and very frequently when we try to print pages
from netscape, the printer stops after a few lines and then shoots
out an otherwise blank page that announces an "offending command."
Anybody else get these?  Is it the wfwg printer driver that's to
blame? Please let me know if there's anything I can do.  Thanks.

--Judy Brugger
Judith M. Brugger
Information Technology Librarian
Central Technical Services