Job Vacancy: Library Web Administrator

Richard Bondi rsb5c at faraday.clas.virginia.edu
Tue Dec 12 08:59:22 EST 1995

Sender:       BUSLIB-L - Business Libraries Discussion List
              <BUSLIB-L at IDBSU.IDBSU.EDU>
Poster:       Richard Bondi <rsb5c at faraday.clas.virginia.edu>
Subject:      Job Vacancy: Library Web Administrator

The University of Virginia's Darden Business Library is looking for a
skilled computer and HTML person to maintain the library's website, and
provide minor hardware and software maintenance of the library's computer
systems. Training and helping students and faculty are also important parts
of the job. The salary range is 30K-40K, with benefits. The job is available
in January '96.

The library's website can be seen at
www.darden.virginia.edu/services/library/menu (the library menu),
www.darden.virginia.edu/services/library/birl (the electronic reference
librarian), and www.services.darden.edu/services/library (the home page).
Please note that the site is Netscape enhanced.

The other computer systems in the library include:
- 13 CDROMS or more on dedicated server
- 10 Pentium workstations with Windows for Workgroups, 16M Ram, 500M hard
drives, 75 MHz
- 4 dedicated Proquest machines, 2 dedicated Bloomberg stations
- 6 staff machines
- Dedicated software for Datastream, Nexis, Dialog, and other databases that
must be maintained (all accessible through the library's website if you are
in the library)

Please email URL of resume to rsb5c at Virginia.edu.

This is a wonderful job with unlimited potential, just take a look at what I
have been allowed to do on the website. I'm only leaving because I want to
get my PhD in philosophy.

Thank you for consideration,

RB
Richard Bondi
Network and Website Administrator (http://www.darden.virginia.edu)
Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, Darden Library
University of Virginia
Massie Road Extended
Box 6500
Charlottesville, VA 22906