Netscape for the Public - Our answer

Mary V. Payne gpye at texas.net
Mon Dec 11 09:27:12 EST 1995

Recently Carole Leita wrote:
>There have been many discussions on library mailing lists over the past
>year about libraries' problems with Netscape features when used in a
>public setting. The Berkeley Public Library solved the problem early on
>by editing the menu options on Netscape (and getting Netscape's
>permission to do so.)
>
>We've finally gotten around to writing a tutorial on how we did it and
>have placed the information on the California InFoPeople Web site. If
>you're interested, check out http://www.lib.berkeley.edu:8000/NS/

This is the kind of truly valuable information that keeps me reading these
lists even when I feel like I'm drowning in email.
Kudos to Carole and the Berkeley crew both for solving the problem and for
being generous enough to share the solution.
Ginger Payne, Electronic Resources Coordinator
San Antonio Public Library
600 Soledad,  San Antonio, TX 78205
 210-207-2628  E-Mail gpye at texas.net