Netscape for the Public - Our answer

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Mon Dec 11 06:22:59 EST 1995

Posted on ip-tec, web4lib, publib, pacs-l,

There have been many discussions on library mailing lists over the past
year about libraries' problems with Netscape features when used in a
public setting. The Berkeley Public Library solved the problem early on
by editing the menu options on Netscape (and getting Netscape's
permission to do so.)

We've finally gotten around to writing a tutorial on how we did it and
have placed the information on the California InFoPeople Web site. If
you're interested, check out http://www.lib.berkeley.edu:8000/NS/

Carole
Carole Leita, leita at netcom.com
Internet/Reference Librarian, 510-644-6100 ext.313
Berkeley Public Library, 2090 Kittredge St., Berkeley CA 94703